Tea Drunk Lunar New Year Festival
On the lucky Ninth Day of Year of the Dragon, we have planned for you a grand celebration with tea, book reading, crafts and more!
We have the honor to host Professor Wu Huiping, a renowned Plant Pathologist from Anhui Agricultural University to join us at the Tea Festival and answer tea lover's more curious questions about the magical tea plant! Do not miss this opportunity to have a conversation with one of the earliest generation of PHD in Tea Studies in China!
To add to the festivity, we are also hosting a book reading (at 11am) by children’s book editor and author Mary Man-Kong. Celebrate the Lunar New Year and learn about all of its traditions with this Big Golden Book!
And don't forget, we also have the below activities, and gifts for you!
- Lots of tea drinking - duh. We'll have teas from all six categories floating around all day.
- A discussion on tea with Professor Wu - we have the honor to host a leading scholar of Tea Studies, Professor Wu Huiping. She is a renowned Plant Pathologist, currently leading a research program in Anhui Agricultural University focus on noxious weeds in tea fields. We are also doing a separate Zoom seminar with her on Monday 2/19. But come to this event on Sunday to meet her in person!
- Book Reading about New Year Tradition! - we are also hosting a book reading (at 11am) by children’s book editor and author Mary Man-Kong. Celebrate the Lunar New Year and learn about all of its traditions with this Big Golden Book!
- Learn calligraphy - it's a tradition that we hang calligraphy on doors, hallways for festivity and good luck. Make it extra special by writing your own! We'll have instructors on site to help. Do extra to give friends and family as a special gift!
- Dragon Crafts - from dragon on a stick to persimmon baskets with baby dragon, we have prepared a variety of dragon crafts for you to assemble and take home. Please budget 30 - 1 hour to finish each piece.
And, there might be dragon Legos...👀🤫🐲
The festival is from 10am to 4pm. When you RSVP, you'll be asked to select a time. That is the time for you to do crafts as we have limited table space for that. You can enjoy tea and do calligraphy all day long!
All crafts and calligraphy materials are included. Just bring your soaring dragon spirit. Maybe your favorite tea cup too...
*Please note that we have a limited number of each kind of crafts so it's first come first serve.
**Depending on the complexity of the craft, please plan 30 minutes to an hour of dedicated hands-on time. Calligraphy would take 10-20 minutes per piece and drying would take another 15 minutes. The time slot selected is for us to plan the crafts. You are welcome to stay for as long as desired for calligraphy and tea tastings that's rotating throughout the day!
***Tea Club members receive 20% off. Please email us if you haven't received a code!
Location: theBLANC,15 East 40th Street, New York, NY, 10016